2020 is just around the corner. Which trends will drive email marketing in the coming year?
That’s the question that Smart Insights sets out to answer in this blog post, which I contributed to. The post lays out five big 2020 email marketing trends:
- The growing impact of mobile
- Minimalism in email design, especially when it comes to using less copy
- The increasing role of Ai in email marketing, particularly in the area of personalization
- The impact of CASL, GDPR, and a wave of new privacy laws like the California Consumer Privacy Act
- An upleveling of the sophistication around A/B testing
My comments focused on trends around send-time optimization, RFM modeling and segmentation, and dealing with privacy compliance. I definitely agree with Kath Pay of Holistic Marketing that A/B testing is overdue for more attention and rigorousness. And minimalism is absolutely a huge design and copywriting trend. In fact, we highlighted that as one of the 6 Pillars of Modern Email Design in our 2019 Email Design Look Book.
For a full discussion of all five 2020 email marketing trends…