As the ConvertKit Commerce beta launch continues, we’re here for another installment of This Week in Commerce- your insider’s peek into how creators like you are using the new tool and updates on what’s coming next.
How YouTube creator Jenny Ballif uses ConvertKit Commerce to sell her virtual summer camp
Jenny Ballif, the Science Mom, has worked as a molecular biologist and a wildland firefighter, and at plenty of jobs that fall in between wearing a lab coat and wielding a chainsaw. She runs the Science Mom YouTube channel and has performed science demonstrations for thousands of elementary school classrooms.
I’m able to handle all the registrations, payment, and messaging for my virtual summer camp through ConvertKit Commerce. The design is clean, and the checkout process is smooth. It has been so wonderful not having to worry about creating a payment portal or using other outside services.
We opened registration July 30th and have made 138 sales in camp registrations!
Prior to using ConvertKit Commerce, I was struggling to integrate PayPal on my site. Even after successfully figuring out how to accept payments, I had to manually handle confirmations and messaging. I couldn’t find an affordable service that would handle both the payment and communication components. We really appreciate how streamlined and easy everything has been so far with ConvertKit Commerce.
– Jenny Ballif
What’s next in ConvertKit Commerce
Total invites sent: 1,620
Invites to send this week: 500/day
ConvertKit Commerce Roadmap
- Support for downloadable files (ebooks, presets, zip files, etc)
- Available for US creators only
- Support for credit card payments
- Mobile-friendly buyer experience
- Embed products as a button in a website or share your product page link
- Recurring payments
- Expand Commerce support for Canada & UK
- Discount codes
- Partial refunds
- Customizing the receipt page
- Support for paying through Apple Pay & PayPal
- Introduce product variants/versions (e.g. multiple packages)
- Expanding to additional countries
The post This Week in Commerce: Jenny Ballif (Science Mom), YouTube creator appeared first on ConvertKit.