I recently spoke with Ferry van Hoolwerff for an interview on the Inboxroad blog. While we talked about a range of issues, much of the conversation revolved around how marketers should prepare for the years ahead in order to build stronger email marketing programs.
Here are the questions Ferry asked me:
- How did you end up in this industry, and when did email start playing such a big role for you?
- It’s clear that email marketing is an important channel in the marketing mix, yet it often feels like marketers somewhat overlook email marketing. Why do you think this is?
- For those teams that are struggling to get the resources they need to improve their company’s email marketing, what is a great starting point? How do marketing teams effectively put more focus on email marketing?
- How do you think email marketing will develop over the next few years? What opportunities do you see?
- Given those changes, what skills do you foresee becoming more and more important for email marketers to develop?
- Speaking of analytics, what metrics do you feel are particularly important when it comes to email marketing?
- What trends do you foresee for the coming years when it comes to inboxing marketing emails?
- What tips would you have for marketers on how to start impacting their deliverability in a meaningful way?
- What is the No. 1 article on email marketing strategy that you would recommend our readers to read?
For all of my answers to those questions…
The post Inboxroad: How to Build a Strong Email Program in the Years Ahead appeared first on Email Marketing Rules.