Our March 17th State of Email webinar featured two very special guests: Validity’s own Tori Garcia, Senior Email Strategist on the Professional Services team, and Tom Buchok, CEO and founder of MailCharts.
Tori provided us with the latest email data trends. Her email metrics analysis laid bare the current email landscape.
- Subscriber fatigue is rising. At the anniversary of COVID-19, email volume is now 2x higher than it was a year ago. Microsoft’s Sender Reputation Data (SRD) shows subscribers are raising the bar for what they deem useful/valuable. As the weather improves and screen time reduces, email senders need to start rethinking current cadence and frequency to maintain high delivery and engagement rates.
Tom followed with some great holiday planning insights.
- Holidays provide terrific marketing opportunities. This is true not only for traditional holidays like Christmas, Easter, and St. Patrick’s Day, but also for quirkier events like Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you!) and Mario Day (March 10th – see if you can figure out why without Googling).
This means numerous opportunities in senders’ marketing calendars for campaigns that boost engagement.
- Plan, plan, plan. Before you get too carried away, Tom stresses the importance of thorough planning, and always asking:
- Is your campaign authentic?
- Is it tailored to your subscribers?
- Will it stand out in crowded inboxes?
Sender score optimisation, audience segmentation, and A/B testing are also vital planning elements. Tom provided a broad range of helpful examples.
- Watch out for pitfalls! Certain holidays occur on different dates around the world. For example, while the UK celebrates Mother’s Day in March, the US celebrates in May, so don’t be the sender that is six weeks late! This is also a great opportunity for learning and for US-based senders to utilise their UK counterparts for ideas and inspiration.
This is all just a small cross-section of Tori’s and Tom’s valuable insights. Check out the full info-packed webinar below!