Are you intimidated by Twitter? Do you scroll and consume 24-7? Love it or hate it, there’s no denying that Twitter can be invaluable for building an audience and boosting visibility. If you’re strategic and intentional, Twitter can help you reach massive creator milestones.
In this episode, Alyssa and Melissa discuss actionable steps to growing a following on Twitter and expanding your email list. Don’t just look for a retweet. Engage with people who will become high-value subscribers and true fans.
While it’s loud and sometimes controversial, you can’t knock Twitter for a lack of engagement. If Twitter is the right medium for you, you can use that engagement to your advantage and build your email list.
“If you are a creator and you have a very specific niche, think about, what problem do you solve for people? Or what can you teach people? Or maybe you’re just really funny and it’s like, how can you get your voice across on Twitter and provide laughs? So, whatever your thing is, show up and do it very consistently. And when you do that, you will see your audience naturally grow.” ~ @alyssa_dulin
- [07:20] A successful tweet is clear and concise. It can be tricky capturing it all in 280 characters.
- [08:27] Tweet consistently and provide the value that you’re known for.
- [10:07] Create threads that take people on a journey, use valuable data, and tell a story.
- [18:45] Know your why. You don’t have to engage with every platform, and you don’t have to be on Twitter if you don’t have a reason to be tweeting. Twitter should make sense for your brand and your intention.
- [19:29] If you create a thread, use that last tweet to plug your email list or newsletter or whatever medium you want.
- [23:24] Not all subscribers provide the same amount of value to your email list. Twitter is a great place to attract high-quality subscribers. Because if they like your tweets, they will most likely subscribe, not for a coupon or Instagram contest, but to hear your voice and to hear your story.
- Deliverability Defined on Instagram
- Codie Sanchez’s newsletter
- Fake Famous
- Nathan Barry
- Barrett Brooks
Try ConvertKit’s deliverability in action
It’s now free to use ConvertKit with an audience of 1,000 subscribers or less! Start building your audience and reaching their inboxes: convertkit.com/pricing.
Stay in touch
To receive email notifications when new episodes of Deliverability Defined are available, or to submit topic suggestions, sign up to our email list.